School Closure General Resources
Below are a list of useful resources, websites and free activities for you to complete at home during this time.
We hope you find it useful and will update it regularly with new ideas and resources.
We are aware that some of the online resources are not working to full capacity due to the numbers of people trying to access them all at once. Please note a lot of the live lessons are available all day so maybe worth accessing not at peak time.
We have included a list on non computer based work to support you during this time.
- It is recommended that you read with and to your child daily. Could they read aloud to a sibling, pet or record themselves and send to a relative that is not in your home.
- Outdoor crafts- craft art work using nature, this could be sculptures ( based on artist Andy Goldsworthy) or using glue or sellotape decorate their names with nature .
- Build a den, inside or outside.
- Create a story book.
- Keep a diary of events, if we are learning about the corona-virus in the future could you be the next Samuel Pepys?
- Circuit training- E.g. 10 jumping jacks , 10 star jumps, 10 burpees, 10 lunges, 10 sit ups, 10 squats.
- Dance party- create a dance to your favourite song
- Daily mile, can you run 10 laps around your garden
- Compose a piece of music using items from around your house.
- Create a poster about online e-safety, road safety, or healthy eating.
- Design a costume or set design for a song or musical of your choice.
- Make an instrument out of household items.
- Learn some beat-boxing or rapping skills
- Make your own song, poem or rap about an issue you care about.
- Choose an activity from the spelling grid- click here
Picture News- Big Questions to think about as a family.
30th March 2020- Resources Remaining Positive
23rd March 2020 - Resources Space Tourism
16th March 2020 - Resources Starting Over
Free online children's books
Oxford owl offers free ebooks for all school aged children.
These books fit with our reading scheme within school.
getepic.com offer a free 30 day trial for books for Primary aged children. These include well known texts such as Where The Wild Things Are and Diary Of A Wimpy Kid.
Note that this is a different link to audible it offers free children's audiobooks without signing up
Many Authors including Oliver Jeffers are reading their books via youtube or online
White Rose Maths- the Scheme we follow in school have produced free online videos and activities for each year group that will be released daily at 10am. These are great daily activities for your child to complete and they have staff available via email to support if your child gets stuck. And the answers are provided for the parents and carers.
Daily Maths Problem Solving and Reasoning challenges for KS1, Year 3/4 and Year 5/6 from I See Maths
Madame Birtwistle has set some exciting French activities for KS2
Video about Colours to support your learning- https://youtu.be/SlMAzRbLOAo
KS2 French: Summer Term Home Learning Optional Challenge Week 2
Create a free 3 month “Le Club Français” account for your child. It has stories, songs, games & downloadable activity sheets!
Click on the link, enter the promo code LCF2020sch and then create a username and password!
I hope your child will enjoying learning French on this fun, interactive website!
KS2 French Summer Term Home Learning French Challenge Week 4: Mindfulness! Watch this video to learn five fun & easy French yoga poses that honour some of the beauty and architecture of France: https://youtu.be/4mm9GNucgYQ
Follow on activity: Print off the activity sheet attached and practice your new French yoga poses during your mindfulness moments!
Bon courage! (Good luck)
Yoga Booklet- Click Here
Daily Live Workouts with Joe Wicks- Great for children and adults of all ages.
Here is the link for Monday 23rd March- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0go1pTda8
It is easy to find if you are on youtube search Joe Wicks Daily workout. They are live at 9am each morning but can be completed at anytime as they are available on youtube. Enjoy.
Follow this link for their exercise tutorials https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkD37J7Y_BtIYZd4ZcG5osA
Click on the links below to find suggested ideas which relate to https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
These activities will be updated fortnightly.
|Spread the Happiness- 100 things to do indoors|
Hobby Craft have lots of great, simple art and craft ideas on their website- https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/ideas?crafttype=kids
They have also started a daily craft club for children at 11am each day- information for this can be found on their facebook page or via this link https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/ideas/kids/kids-craft-club
Create a treasure hunt for your child/children around the house/ garden or when going for a walk- this could include looking for cars, dogs, insects, something green etc...
Lots of companies are offering free online music, dance and fitness classes including drums using pots and pans or Ballet and Yoga classes.